The Tawas City Planning Commission will hold a public hearing to recommend adoption of Ordinance 321 of 2019 – amendments to the zoning ordinance. The public hearing will be held at the Tawas City Hall at 550 West Lake Street, Tawas City, Michigan on Tuesday, May 7, 2019, at 7 pm. The full text of the amendments is available at the Tawas City Hall, online at https://tawascity.org/ or by contacting the City Clerk. Written comments may be sent to City of Tawas City, 550 West Lake Street, PO Box 568, Tawas City, MI 49764-0568 or emailed to the Clerk at [email protected] prior to the public hearing. The public may appear at the public hearing in person or by counsel. Individuals with disabilities who may require auxiliary aids or services should contact the City offices at least seventy-two (72) hours before the time of the hearing.
A summary of the amendments follows:
- Section 3.02 – amend text to show location of official zoning map.
- Sections 3.07 and 3.08 – add new Riverfront District to the tables of permitted and special land uses.
- Article 15A – new article to create the Riverfront District and to provide intent, uses allowed, required conditions, and applicable articles.
- Section 17.00 – add Riverfront District to schedule of regulations.
- Section 17.02 – add Riverfront District to table showing single family cluster and open space development.
- Rezone the following lots to Riverfront District:
All lots between Lake Street and the Tawas River and between Mathews Street and 9th Street shall be rezoned from B-3 to RF (Riverfront District).