Shoreline Park Pavilion, Gateway Park Pavilion or Town Square Rental
Park Reservation Form & Rules for Shoreline, Gateway & Town Square
Special Event Application
Rules and regulations for rentals of parks and recreation facilities
- All park rentals are subject to availability.
- Reservations will not be accepted for the following days: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, or during any municipally-sanctioned community events or festivals.
- Reservations for all the City facilities will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
- A reservation form must be obtained from Tawas City Hall. When the reservation form has been completed, return it to Tawas City Hall along with a check in the amount of the required rental fee. Your reservation will be approved or disapproved at that time.
- The Tawas City staff reserves the right to refuse rental requests deemed inappropriate or not in character with the family orientation of the City’s facilities.
- City facilities may not be reserved for concerts, fundraisers, or any profit-making or commercial activities unless a Special Event Application is completed and approved.
- The City’s parks are all public and the City is not responsible for intruders.
- Reservations apply only to the pavilions or Town Square. Open park areas, the pier, and restrooms are not available for reservations. In addition, parking spaces may not be reserved.
- Due to irrigation lines running through the parks, tents that are staked in the ground are not permitted.
- Possessing or consuming alcoholic beverages within any public parking lot, City park, or playground within the City are a violation of City Ordinances.
- You may decorate, but decorations must be removed immediately after your event. Tacks or nails may not be used on any wooden surface or the soffit.
- If you choose to relocate benches or tables, they must be returned to the location where you found them prior to your rental.
- Parking or driving on the lawn or sidewalk is prohibited.
- You are responsible for removing trash from your event.
- Please notify City Hall at (989) 362-8688 if you need to cancel your event. A refund will only be given if your cancellation is received by City Hall at least 45 days prior to your reserved date. If the cancellation is received by City Hall less than 45 days of your reserved date, no refund will be given.