Waste Management is contracted by Tawas City for trash pickup. Trash pickup is on Tuesday’s. If a legal holiday falls on Monday or Tuesday, trash pickup will be on Wednesday.
- Observed holidays:
New year’s Day
- Requirements include: One bulky item is accepted with your weekly trash pickup. Examples include furniture, appliances, and mattresses.
- Carpet must be cut rolled into sections 4 feet or less in length weighing 50 lbs or less. Tie with string or tape. 4 bundles equal 1 bulk item.
- Pleas call WM (866-797-9018) at least 24-hors in advance of your collection day before placing items containing Freon (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners) at the curb for collection.
- Prohibited Items:
- Liquid waste (gasoline & automobile oil)
- Construction/roofing debris (have your contractor haul away or call Waste Management for a quote on a dumpster: (866-797-9018)
- Loose needles/sharps (SEE BELOW)
- Car and truck parts/engines
- Yard waste mixed w/ rubbish
- Tree stumps over 50lbs
- Propane Tanks
- Hazardous wastes
- wood/dry wall
- Fencing/railroad ties
- Propane tanks
- Wet paint cans (let paint dry and place at curb with lid off)
- Please do not place needles loose in your trash, this creates a safety hazard for our workers. NEVER PLACE NEEDLES IN RECYCLING.