Waste Management is contracted by Tawas City for trash pickup. Trash pickup is on Tuesday’s.
- One bulky item is accepted with your weekly trash pickup. Examples include furniture, appliances (freon must be drained and item tagged) and carpet (must be rolled; rolls no longer longer than 4 feet).
- Any loose materials must be bundled or boxed (under 50 pounds).
- Prohibited items include liquid waste, paint, tires, auto parts and building materials.
During weeks with a legal holiday, trash pickup is on Wednesday. The following dates trash will be picked up on Wednesday:
- Christmas Day Week – Tuesday, December 24th
- Memorial Day Week – Tuesday, May 25th
- Labor Day Week – Tuesday, September 8th