Monday Curbside Pickup by the Department of Public Works (DPW)
BEGINS: 7am every Monday beginning on the first Monday of MAY and continuing until the first Monday of November as weather provides
THIS SERVICE IS FOR RESIDENTIAL YARD MAINTENANCE ONLY
- Curbside pickup is for residential yard waste only.
- Curbside pickup will begin at 7:00 am every Monday beginning on the first Monday of May and continuing until the first Monday of November as weather provides.
- If Monday is a holiday observed by Tawas City, pickup will be the next regular business day.
- Yard waste in bags is picked up first and DPW employees will route back to pick up brush and branches separately.
- The DPW may collect yard waste midweek following large weather events.
- Grass and leaves must be placed in compostable bags or in waste receptacles (32 gallons or smaller) clearly marked as “compost” and must weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Brush is limited to branches four (4) inches in diameter and four (4) feet in length; the branches must be bundled and weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Bags and/or brush must be placed on the homeowner’s side of the road. Items should not be placed before 6:00 pm on Sundays but before 7:00 am on Mondays.
- Full trees, stumps, and full bushes will not be picked up.
- Sod, dirt, garbage, cement items, or construction materials, including treated lawn timbers, will not be picked up.
- Any items not in compliance with the regulations will not be picked up.