Memory Gardens Cemetery, 427 Meadowview Drive, was established circa 1916 and was obtained from Melissa S. Whittemore and Kate F. Smith. Each Memorial Day, a memorial service is held in the honor of the veterans buried in the cemetery.
Full Burial Fees:
Sundays and Holidays $550
Sundays and Holidays $600
Cremation Burial Fees for Cemetery Plot or a Columbarium Niche:
Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays $200
Cemetery Plot for Full Burial or Cremains and Columbarium Niche Fees:
- Hours: 8 a.m. – dusk
- No dogs
- No hunting
- No all-terrain vehicles
- Vandalism and littering prohibited
- Permit required for all burials
- No tree or shrub planting
- Flowers, wreaths and blankets must be removed by April 1 for spring cleanup, and can be placed back on one week before Memorial Day
- Markers must have concrete foundations with a 3-inch border
- Installation of curbs, matters of ownership and questions on care of cemetery should be referred to City Hall
Code of Ordinance Chapter 7 Cemetery Ordinance
You can search the Cemetery by occupant and/or owner by clicking here.
Contact City Hall, 989-362-8688, for cremation burials, headstone placement or the purchase of lots.
427 Meadowview Rd., Tawas City, MI 48763