The Tawas City Police Department has an immediate opening for the position of police officer. This is a new position with new department.
Minimum starting salary $41,200/year; experience may be considered in determining compensation. Competitive benefit package including health care (no employee premium), employer HSA contributions, defined contribution pension, paid time off.
• Associate Degree in Criminal Justice or related field; experience may be considered in lieu.
• Must be a US citizen, 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
• MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing as a police officer at time of hire.
• Must have a valid Michigan driver license and good driving record.
• No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history.
• Ability to successfully pass a background investigation, psychological evaluation, interview process and physical/drug/alcohol screen.
At the time of application, you must submit the following or your application will not be considered:
1. Official Tawas City Employment Application
2. Official college transcripts or copy of request submitted to college
3. Copy of current MCOLES credentials/status
The position will be filled by a committee which may include application review, oral interview, background investigation, and psychological evaluation. All candidates are required to successfully complete a Field Training Program.
Applications are available at tawascity.org and should be forwarded to the following:
Tawas City Police Department
550 West Lake Street | PO Box 568
Tawas City, Michigan 48764
Tawas City is an equal opportunity employer.