Memory Gardens Cemetery, 427 Meadowview Drive, was established circa 1916 and was obtained from Melissa S. Whittemore and Kate F. Smith. Each Memorial Day, a memorial service is held in the honor of the veterans buried in the cemetery.
- Hours: 8 a.m. – dusk
- No dogs
- No hunting
- No all-terrain vehicles
- Vandalism and littering prohibited
- Permit required for all burials
- No tree or shrub planting
- Flowers, wreaths and blankets must be removed by April 1 for spring cleanup, and can be placed back on one week before Memorial Day
- Markers must have concrete foundations with a 3-inch border
- Installation of curbs, matters of ownership and questions on care of cemetery should be referred to City Hall
Download the city Cemetery Ordinance here (click on Chapter 7: Cemeteries).
Contact City Hall, (989) 362-8688, for cremain burials, headstone placement or the purchase of lots.